Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 20 21
Combine your passion for ancient history and culture with a relaxing sea voyage to Egypt, Greece, Israel, Cyprus and Turkey. You'll encounter timeless wonders, sophisticated seaside ports and the diversity of the Eastern Mediterranean.
- SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in Athens
- ORIENTATION of Alexandria
- VIEW the Parthenon, Hadrian's Arch and the 1896 Olympic Stadium in Athens
- VISIT the Acropolis in Athens, the Great Pyramid of Giza in Alexandria, the Lindos Acropolis and Citadel in Rhodes and the Temple of Artemis in Kusadasi
- Welcome Drink
- 9 breakfasts
- 6 lunches
- 7 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Call (321) 632-5610 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15046250
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens: Welcome to a land of myths and legends, gods and goddesses, philosophers and politicians. Athens is your springboard to an exciting cruise adventure to three continents - Europe, Africa and Asia. In anticipation of your epic journey, spend the day exploring the sights on your own before joining your fellow travellers for a Welcome Drink.|
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing: Step back in time, joining a 'Local Specialist' today for a journey into antiquity. You'll 'Dive Into Culture' on a guided sightseeing tour of the Acropolis that will reveal the wonders of ancient Athens. View bygone treasures such as the Parthenon, the Acropolis and Agora which remain as a testament to Greece's great past. You'll have an opportunity to admire the march of the curiously clad Evzone guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Later, you'll board your cruise ship for your journey across the Mediterranean.|
|Day 3||At Sea||At Sea: Sail on the calm waters of the Aegean past the Greek Isles towards the North African coastline. Settle into your comfortable accommodation, stroll along the ship's expansive promenade or sit back in one of the elegant bars and lounges and watch the world float by. You'll have a full day at sea to recover from all of yesterday's sightseeing in Athens.|
|Day 4||Port Said||Alexandria - Cairo - Port Said: As the sun rises we arrive in Alexandria, the ancient capital of Egypt, your gateway to Egypt's astounding pyramids and the modern capital of Cairo. 'Dive Into Culture' on a guided excursion to the only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World, the Great Pyramid of Giza. Admire the magnificent man-made feat which saw the pyramid built in just 20 years and learn about the secrets that lie beneath its dusty limestone exterior. We exchange the desert landscape for the cacophony of Cairo where you'll see some of the city's most famous historic monuments such as the Cairo Citadel, Cairo Tower and Mosque of Muhammad Ali, before rejoining your cruise in Port Said.|
|Day 5||Ashdod||Ashdod: Sailing east, we arrive in Ashdod, the gateway to Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Embark on an Optional Experience to Israel's most famous religious sights and cultural highlights, from trendy Tel Aviv to the ancient port city of Jaffa. Explore the holy landmarks in Jerusalem, including Temple Mountain, the Wailing Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and visit the birthplace of Jesus Christ, Bethlehem. Rejoin your cruise this evening bound for Cyprus.|
|Day 6||Limassol||Limassol: The sophisticated seaside port of Limassol emerges on the horizon this morning. You'll have an afternoon to explore the medieval Old Town or stroll along the seafront promenade and cobbled streets to the old fishing harbour. Consider a visit to the Prokymea Sculpture Park to admire the works of Cypriot, Greek and international artists, or sit back at one of the seaside cafes and savour a Cypriot coffee before boarding your ship for its onward journey north.|
|Day 7||Rhodes||Rhodes: We arrive on the scenic shores of Rhodes, one of the most popular holiday destinations in Greece with its beautiful beaches and centuries-old history. On our complimentary Shore Experience, we explore the medieval Old Town of Rhodes with its thick stone walls, ancient ruins and Crusade heritage. Then embark on a medieval tour of the ancient Lindos Acropolis and Citadel of the Knights perched high above the coast and the quiet village of Lindos below. Rejoin your cruise in time for dinner.|
|Day 8||Kusadasi||Kusadasi: We arrive in Kusadasi, your gateway to the ancient Greek city of Ephesus. Join an included excursion to this UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Stroll alongside the marble colonnades to Hadrian's Temple and the Great Theatre, carved into the side of Mt. Pion. Later consider spending some time exploring the vibrant Turkish seaside setting with a stroll along its seafront promenade, before returning to your ship this evening for dinner.|
|Day 9||Athens||Athens Free Day: We return to the Greek capital this morning and are transferred to our hotel, after which we'll have a full day at leisure to explore on our own or simply relax. Stroll through the Plaka, spend your time watching people go by on their day-to-day activities in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki washed down with the local raki. This evening, why not join your fellow travel companions for a rousing celebration to toast to your three-continents journey?|
|Day 10||Depart Athens||Depart Athens: Our cruise adventure at its end, we bid new friends a fond farewell and take a transfer to Athens Airport for our onward journey.|
- Port Taxes: All prices are inclusive of port taxes, tips, drinks package and are accurate as of March 2020.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class