Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2022
Medieval castles and the inspiring beauty of the Lake District are highlights on this exciting England, Scotland and Wales trip. Learn about the runaway wedding capital, Gretna Green and Tudor history in Ludlow before you ascend to lofty Castle Rock for spellbinding views of Edinburgh.
- Explore London and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Bath, Cardiff, Liverpool and York
- Visit Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, the Tudor town of Ludlow, Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- View Bath Abbey, Cardiff Castle, the Lake District's magnificent scenery, Hadrian's Wall, York Minster, and Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage
- See the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
- Connect With Locals Enjoy a traditional British Be My Guest dinner hosted by a local family in the dining room of either their elegant town house in the city or in their impressive country house overlooking picturesque scenery in the Vale of York.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 8 Breakfasts
- 1 Be My Guest
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Call (321) 632-5610 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422329
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: Brightly coloured Union Jacks pave your way to an unforgettable journey through Britain, which kicks off in London. Visit 'The City' and see the imposing dome of Christopher Wren's St. Paul's and the Tower of London, or admire the pageantry of royal palaces, cathedrals and parks, exploring the city on your own terms.|
|Day 2||London||Explore the Sights of London: Join a Local Specialist today for a grand exploration of the vibrant British capital, including such sights as Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament on the banks of the Thames, then Buckingham Palace, the official UK residence of British sovereigns since 1837. Spend the rest of the day on your own, exploring the centuries-old heritage and modern sophistication of London.|
|Day 3||Stonehenge, Bath and Cardiff||Journey to Stonehenge, Bath and Cardiff: This morning meet your Travel Director before embarking on a journey to discover what's 'great' about Great Britain, on this mesmerising sojourn past the peaks of Wales and the rolling hills and lush farmlands of England to 'bonnie' Scotland. We kick-start our adventure in the cosmopolitan capital of London, heading west to Stonehenge's stone monoliths, whose centuries-old myths have yet to be fully revealed. The elegant Georgian architecture of Bath takes centre stage during our visit to this famous spa town. Here, we'll see the Abbey and visit the Roman baths, before crossing the Severn Estuary to Cardiff. Delve into the proud culture and heritage of the Welsh as you embark on an orientation of the city to see the Principality Stadium and Cardiff Castle, in the heart of the city. Tonight, we celebrate the beginning of an epic adventure through Great Britain at a Welcome Reception.|
Mercure Holland House
|Day 4||Through the Scenic Countryside to Liverpool||Through the Scenic Countryside to Liverpool: The half-timbered Tudor houses of Ludlow feature today on our exploration of this market town with its medieval walls and historic castle. We journey north through the Shropshire Hills and Cheshire landscapes to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy 'Scouse' streets and perhaps visit The Cavern Club, where the Beatles once played, during your evening at leisure.|
Mercure Atlantic Tower
|Day 5||Edinburgh||Venture to the Romantic Lake District and on to Edinburgh: The enchanting views of Britain's Lake District provide a scenic backdrop for our drive north to Scotland. Skirt the romantic shores of Lake Windermere and enjoy views that inspired literary greats like William Wordsworth. We stop at the runaway wedding capital that is Gretna Green where 'Blacksmith Priests' would marry couples over the Marriage Anvil. Later, we arrive in enchanting Edinburgh - our home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Discover Edinburgh's Treasures: Ramble up the Royal Mile in the mesmerising medieval city of Edinburgh, where you'll join a Local Specialist on an included city sightseeing tour. Stroll through the Old Town and view Arthur's Seat and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, for centuries the seat of the kings and queens of the Scots. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city. Spend the rest of the day exploring Auld Reekie's medieval relics and elegant Georgian and Gothic facades on your own, or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia. This evening, consider attending a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes.|
|Day 7||York||Explore Hadrian's Wall and Onwards to York: Trace the northern frontier of the Roman Empire at Hadrian's Wall before crossing the River Tyne and venturing south to the ancient cathedral city of York, whose origins hark back to Roman times. Walk along the famous Shambles and view York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening we Connect With Locals, joining a family in York for a home-cooked Be My Guest Farewell Dinner and some hearty British hospitality.|
|Day 8||London||Admire Stratford-upon-Avon and return to London: Delve into the story of Shakespeare's life at his Birthplace and Visitor Centre in Stratford-upon-Avon, and view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage. We return to London this afternoon. |
|Day 9||London||Cheerio London: Say farewell to your fellow travellers and Travel Director as you return home with magical memories.|
- Gratuities: You have the option to pre-pay the gratuities for your Travel Director and Driver. Please speak with your travel agent.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class