Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2022
As autumn arrives, admire fiery foliage flames on your New England fall tour from Beantown to the rocky headlands of Maine. Scenic drives along the Mohawk Trail and Kancamagus Highway pausing for insights from flora and fauna specialists are the best way to experience this beautiful corner of the US.
- Explore Boston with a Local Specialist
- Scenic Drive along the Mohawk Trail, Kancamagus Highway
- View Mount Washington
- Visit Woodstock, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, Acadia National Park and Lexington Green and the Concord Minute Man National Historical Park North Bridge
- Dive Into Culture Watch craftsmen create the delicate glassware that has made Simon Pearce glassblowing workshop famous, delving into the art and science of glassblowing.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Old Sturbridge Village, a living museum which recreates life in rural New England during the 1790s through 1830s.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, where you'll have an opportunity to learn about the company's history, a peek into the manufacturing process, and a Q&A in their flavor room with of course, a sample of one of their euphoric flavors.
- Dive Into Culture Make a stop at the iconic Portland Head (Nubble) Lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in Maine.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Acadia National Park, the first National Park established East of the Mississippi.
- Dive Into Culture Weaving along the Freedom Trail, we delve into the rich history of the American Revolution. Stop at Lexington and Concord, the site where "the shot heard round the world" was fired.
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 8 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (321) 632-5610 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422509
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Stroll Through The Red Streets Of Boston||Stroll Through The Red Streets Of Boston: Welcome to Boston, the Cradle of Liberty and once home to such famous sons as Samuel Adams, Paul Revere and Benjamin Franklin. Amble up and down the City on the Hill on your terms and immerse yourself in its revolutionary history or enjoy a stroll along the waterfront. This evening, we'll meet our Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start our color-filled journey through New England landscapes.|
Boston Park Plaza
|Day 2||Take A Historical Drive Through New England||Take A Historical Drive Through New England: March to independence, exploring Boston's historic sites. We'll spend the morning with our Dive Into Culture, weaving along the Freedom Trail which reveals the rich history of the American Revolution. Stop at Lexington and Concord, the site where "the shot heard round the world" was fired. Next, we will continue to Dive Into Culture at Old Sturbridge Village, a living museum which recreates life in rural New England during the 1790s through 1830s. In the afternoon, drive along the Mohawk Trail, an early Native American and colonial trade route, and the first designated scenic drive in New England.|
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
|Day 3||Uncover The Craftmanship Of Vermont||Uncover The Craftmanship Of Vermont: Today we will experience the best Yankee ingenuity has to offer with a visit to the Vermont Country Store opened In 1946 by Vrest and Ellen Orton in the quaint village of Weston, Vermont. Next we'll drive past picture-perfect farmlands and old-world towns en route to the historic Quechee. Dive Into Culture and watch craftsmen create the delicate glassware that has made Simon Pearce glassblowing workshop famous, delving into the art and science of glassblowing. Then, savor a Regional Meal lunch featuring local ingredients arranged on Simon Pearce's beautiful stem and flatware.|
Doubletree Burlington by Hilton
|Day 4||Start Your Day With Ice Cream||Start Your Day With Ice Cream: Visit Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory during your Dive Into Culture, where you'll have an opportunity to learn about the company's history, a peek into the manufacturing process, and a Q&A in their flavor room with of course, a sample of one of their euphoric flavors. We continue today's adventure to North Conway, where you'll learn about the local flora and fauna with a Local Specialist for an ecological look at Autumn in the North Woods. Begin the adventure at the summit of Mt. Washington where man has been able to adapt in order to survive some of the most severe weather ever recorded. Then descend into the forest and valley below to take a closer look at some of the wildlife that calls New Hampshire home as well as an overview of the spectacular fall colors. The Mt. Washington Valley provides the scenic backdrop as we take this fascinating closer look at autumn.|
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort
|Day 5||Embrace Autumn Hues In North Conway||Embrace Autumn Hues In North Conway: Journey along "The Kanc", an American Scenic Byway that cuts through the White Mountain National Forest, admiring the glowing fall colors. Then this afternoon guests have the option to enjoy free time exploring shops and restaurants of North Conway or join a Travel Director led hike to Diana's Baths - a series of small waterfalls located in the southeastern corner of the town of Bartlett, New Hampshire, near the village of North Conway in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, United States. This historic site is within the White Mountain National Forest. There guests will find a series of pools and cascades on Lucy Brook about a three quarter mile walk on the Moat Mountain Trail.
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort
|Day 6||Savour The Flavours Of Bar Harbor||Savour The Flavours Of Bar Harbor: We continue through the lush pine forests, highlands and river valleys that define the rugged Maine landscape. Descending "Downeast", the looming Atlantic swells of Bar Harbor on Mount Desert Island are our final destination for the day. Join a Local Specialist for insights into lobster fishing and tonight, we'll savour a traditional lobster dinner. |
Bar Harbour Regency
|Day 7||Trek Through Colourful Acadia National Park||Trek Through Colourful Acadia National Park: Dive Into Culture during your visit to Acadia National Park, the first National Park established East of the Mississippi. Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park is the highest point along the Atlantic Seaboard and first spot in the United States where you'll see the sunrise. Admire the magnificent view over the Schoodic Peninsula, pink granite cliffs and ancient maple forests - their leaves glowing fiery red, burnt orange and mustard yellow in the crisp autumn air. We'll return to Bar Harbor for an afternoon at leisure or consider joining an optional nature cruise on Frenchman Bay.
Bar Harbour Regency
|Day 8||Take A Panoramic Drive Along the Marine Coast||Take A Panoramic Drive Along the Marine Coast: The intense hues of New England's forests and mountains linger as we journey south past the rocky beaches and cliffs of Maine's rugged coast. Make a stop at our Dive Into Culture, the iconic Portland Head (Nubble) Lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in Maine. We also journey past fisheries and seaside dwellings that have sheltered everyone from local lobstermen to holidaying Presidents. Travel south to the mouth of the Piscataqua River and the historic seaport city of Portsmouth, one of the oldest cities in the United States. This evening, we join our fellow travelers for a memorable Farewell Dinner reminiscing over our fall foliage experience.|
Sheraton Portsmouth Harbourside
|Day 9||Boston||Back To Boston And Beyond: We'll return to Boston and bid farewell to new friends. Transfer to Boston Logan International Airport or to the hotel in Boston if you'd like to extend your stay. Airport arrival will be at 11 a.m., please be aware when booking your flights.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class